Read an article about Ken in Rock & Ice magazine by Chad Hussey

You can drop a line at a SuperTopo forum or send to Olga to publish to this blog

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Ken Morel

In the year 2000 I decided I needed adventure in my life and wanted to take a leave of absence from work and ride my bike cross country. Ken was my supervisor at the time so I passed it by him thinking he may say ok but I thought no way in hell would the guys above him would ok it. Ken lobbied repeatedly on my behalf and made it happen. He said that he’d love to do the same someday but to do the Appalachian trail. I was able to have the time of my life because Ken appreciated the importance of adventure and was willing to stick his neck out for me. I think of Ken on the trail and I hope he had the time of his life.

Here’s to Ken.

No comments:

Post a Comment