Read an article about Ken in Rock & Ice magazine by Chad Hussey

You can drop a line at a SuperTopo forum or send to Olga to publish to this blog

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Miriam Greenfield

It was the middle of July. 90 plus degrees with high humidity. We were at Whitestone going over rescue skills. Ken organized the day for people going on one of his mountaineer trips. He invited everyone to join even for people not going. Still new to the group and a lot to learn, I went with Angela. Ken taught us how to ascend a rope and a bunch of other skills.

On Friday, the day after he died, I was climbing at Red Rocks. There was a section of the climb I wasn't sure if I could do. I thought I might have to ascend the rope as Ken taught me. I made sure I had extra slings and cord. I didn't need to ascend the rope but I am glad I had the skills just in case. Ken was with me that day.

He was a caring, thoughtful person and a great teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment