Read an article about Ken in Rock & Ice magazine by Chad Hussey

You can drop a line at a SuperTopo forum or send to Olga to publish to this blog

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Olga Zelennikova

I new Ken through my husband Alex. Ken was Alex's climbing partner. Once I asked Ken to help me to set up a surprise birthday for Alex with the climbing crowd. It was not easy for him. As I realized later, he was not the easiest guy around and planning a birthday party with a cheerful bird like me just wasn't his best idea of wasting time. So, I didn't involve him in choosing a cake and decorations, that just felt too much for that guy. But he set up the place perfectly, invited everyone without Alex knowing, and even choose a card for everyone to sign. Great card, by the way, he really put his best efforts into choosing it. Ken later apologized for his behavior. His apologies together with help, coming from that rough guy, really touched my heart. It's not how much you did that counts after all, but how much heart you put in that little that you did really makes a big impression on people. And that rough guy really stretched himself then.
We had a great birthday party for my husband. Ken has a special place in my heart. This blog is my appreciation to Ken for special memories I carry.

No comments:

Post a Comment